HDTV Antenna Logo HDTv Labs Forum
High Definition Talk
Subscribe Subscribe to
the HDTV Labs Feed!

TV Antenna GeoSelector

Ask for antenna advice here. Off air HDTV antennas performance discussion: indoor, outdoor, directional and omni-directional, VHF and UHF bands.

TV Antenna GeoSelector

Postby hdtvlabs on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:08 am

Hey All,

We've just launched TV Antenna Selector, an online tool featuring

- A list of TV stations available from any location within US and Canada
- An automatic antenna suggestion for the location you enter. Takes into account: TV station frequency band, channel, power, distance and azimuth, antenna specifications provided by manufactures. At this stage still does not take terrain into account.
- TV reception reports that help you see what antenna works for others in your area

The tool is new and still in BETA yet it is supposed to be pretty precise at this stage. I encourage you to check it out before posting, and I am eager to hear your feedback in this thread!

Cheers,
HDTV Labs

hdtvlabs
Site Admin

Re: TV Antenna GeoSelector

Postby Irish FX4 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:58 pm

How do you select canadian citys?? Nothing in the drop down box.

Irish FX4

Postby hdtvlabs on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:50 am

Sorry, not supported yet. Plan to have it some day.

hdtvlabs
Site Admin

Postby dtonyp on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Tired of ever increasing DISH & DIRECT TV pricing for programing nobody watches. Need best possible antenna for TV as well as AM & FM Radio. We Live at 20620 Sierra Soto Road, Murrieta, CA 92562

dtonyp

Postby Zoolady on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:56 am

Hello from Salem, Oregon! Tried the GeoSelector and it gave a lot of good info. My particular question is about terrain vs getting a strong enough signal since we are in a "valley" where we rarely get cell phone access...we usually have to go up the hill a little to get the cell phone to work. Is there an digital HD antenna that would work for this problem? We also have computer access with a router etc, but would like to be able to get live TV with an antenna and ditch the cable TV.

Zoolady

Postby BigD62 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:15 am

Hi, we live in Meridian, ID. The geoselector locates our house and transmission towers but doesn't seem to make an antenna suggestion. What am i doing wrong?

BigD62

Postby Kirby on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm

I had an older 1988 tv antenna on my house years ago with no amplifier. I was able to pull in Phoenix(excellent) and Tucson(little fuzzy). I would like to pull in Tucson clear and Phoenix clear with a single antenna mounted about 15 ft above ground. My address is 56124 W Barnes Rd, 85239. Is it possible to get a 100 radius range in my area? I don't have any obstructions and our area has few mountains. What is my best plan for pulling in as many channels as possible?

Kirby

Postby montdon on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Novice needs help. I live in Naples, FL 34109 and have Directv with 4 tvs. Wish to get an outside antenna. Thinking about keeping one tv on a pay service (Directv, Dish or Comcast) and putting others on outside antenna. We vacationed in an area that had Me Tv and the kids loved it. Not sure what I need, amplifiers?, other equipments. All help is appreciated.
Thanks

montdon

Return to Antenna Talk